Mary Ellen’s Quick Mini Lasagnas
Prep time 30 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- olive oil spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 jar (24 oz) your favorite pasta sauce (try Lidia’s Marinara or buy a container of fresh pasta sauce from your favorite Italian restaurant)
- Chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and 1-1/4 cups Italian cheese blend.
- Generously spray 12 muffin cups with oil; line each with a wonton wrapper. Fill each with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 tablespoons pasta sauce. Top each with a second wrapper, rotating corners and pressing down centers. Repeat ricotta and sauce layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese blend.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and basil.
Note: If you like more of a Bolognese-style, simply add a little of your favorite cooked ground meat (beef, sausage or turkey) to the sauce.