Busy people NEED to take time for themselves. Click above and get some simple advice for planning some “me time.”
Mary Ellen’s Quick Mini Lasagnas
Prep time 30 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- olive oil spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 jar (24 oz) your favorite pasta sauce (try Lidia’s Marinara or buy a container of fresh pasta sauce from your favorite Italian restaurant)
- Chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and 1-1/4 cups Italian cheese blend.
- Generously spray 12 muffin cups with oil; line each with a wonton wrapper. Fill each with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 tablespoons pasta sauce. Top each with a second wrapper, rotating corners and pressing down centers. Repeat ricotta and sauce layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese blend.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and basil.
Note: If you like more of a Bolognese-style, simply add a little of your favorite cooked ground meat (beef, sausage or turkey) to the sauce.
Who was Marva Collins? Simply click the photo to learn about this unsung heroine of American education and why Eagle honors her during Black History Month.