Eagle honors older and newer veterans every day of the year. Click above to find out who this handsome young soldier is and the Marine who is now a home inspector!
Attention realtors! Eagle Home Inspections is proud to sponsor this FREE event on Oct. 20th open to all CT realtors. Stop by our booth for insight into your future with a complimentary oracle reading. Food, drinks, goodies, raffle prizes and more. Click the photo above for more info and to register.
Hummingbird Blondie Recipe
A summery twist on the southern classic “Hummingbird Cake.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 24 bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced ripe banana
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, melted butter, sugars, eggs, salt, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Squeeze or press the liquid from crushed pineapple. Stir coconut, banana, pineapple, and pecans into batter. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread out in an even layer. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.