Hummingbird Blondie Recipe
A summery twist on the southern classic “Hummingbird Cake.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 24 bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced ripe banana
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, melted butter, sugars, eggs, salt, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Squeeze or press the liquid from crushed pineapple. Stir coconut, banana, pineapple, and pecans into batter. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread out in an even layer. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.