Love raspberry and love chocolate? Then you’ll LOVE these cookies!
(Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod)
Makes approximately 18-20 cookies
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa, plus 2 tablespoons (we use Hershey’s)
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 extra large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup dark chocolate chips (our choice is Ghirardelli 60%)
½ cup (or a little more) frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt and cocoa.
3. With a mixer (standing mixer or food processor works best because dough will be thick and dense), cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat/mix until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips, then raspberries. Wooden spoon or similar rigid mixing utensil works best. (If you’ve used a food processor to mix the dough, transfer dough to a bowl before stirring in chips and raspberries.) It’s important to keep the raspberries frozen until adding them. Try not to completely smash the raspberries although some will fall apart. Don’t worry if they don’t fully mix in.
5. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten them slightly. If any chocolate chips or raspberries are remaining, press them into cookies. When raspberries seem to be falling out, try to cover them with a bit more dough.
6. Place baking sheets in freezer or refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow them to chill a little before baking. This will help raspberries from falling out as the cookies bake.
7. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and let cool. That being said, warm cookies are really yummy!!