It’s pumpkin time and Eagle has got all the moves! Click above for tips on pumpkin carving along with a scrumptious autumn muffin recipe from Mary Ellen.
Mary Ellen’s Sour Cream Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 10 standard or 8 large muffins
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp fine sea salt (regular salt is okay)
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled (so it doesn’t curdle the egg)
1/3 cup plus 2 T light brown sugar
Set aside another 2 T brown sugar for sprinkling on top of the muffins
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup pure pumpkin puree
½ cup sour cream
1 large or extra large egg (lightly beaten)
2 T pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar (except for the 2 T you’ve set aside). Combine well. Stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and sour cream. Stir in the lightly beaten egg.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. If you stir this too much, the muffins will come out too dense.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each about 2/3 of the way. Sprinkle some pepitas and brown sugar on top.
- Bake standard muffins for about 20 minutes and larger muffins for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out nice and clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Let muffins cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. These taste awesome served warm with some cream cheese!
Eagle Home Inspections is proud to be a sponsor of the NHMR’s upcoming Fall Happy Hour being held at the Owenego Beach Club in Branford. Originally scheduled for September 23rd, it has been postponed and will now happen on Thursday, October 7th, 4-6 PM. If you haven’t already registered for this FREE realtor event, it’s not too late! Click the photo to get your tickets!!
The Eagle family honors those who survived and those who did not by encouraging you to watch this groundbreaking film. Eyewitness accounts from people who were there and have now returned 20 years later to reflect on what they felt and how that life-altering experience has affected them. Click above for the link to the trailer.