Did you know that winter is the prime time for dryer fires? Click above for Eagle’s simple one step maintenance tip and lower your risk!
Mary Ellen’s Maple Walnut Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup sugar
¾ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large or extra large eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup real maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (I use a Cuisinart food processor), beat together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in eggs, bananas, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat or process until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time until smooth after each addition. Fold in walnuts or add to food processor and lightly pulse to incorporate.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or cool. Tastes great plain or with cream cheese. Can be sliced and frozen for longer storage.