Lemon Herb Potato Salad
2 1/2 lbs new red skinned or a combo of new yellow and red potatoes, unpeeled
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
1 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup combination of fresh chopped cilantro, basil and parsley
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Steam potatoes until still slightly firm.
Do not overcook or else you will have mushy potato salad!
Drain off water and allow potatoes to cool slightly. Cut potatoes up into cubes.
In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and lemon peel. Add salt and pepper and chopped herbs. Mix and pour dressing over warm potatoes.
Toss lightly and serve immediately.
Busy people NEED to take time for themselves. Click above and get some simple advice for planning some “me time.”
Mary Ellen’s Quick Mini Lasagnas
Prep time 30 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- olive oil spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 jar (24 oz) your favorite pasta sauce (try Lidia’s Marinara or buy a container of fresh pasta sauce from your favorite Italian restaurant)
- Chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and 1-1/4 cups Italian cheese blend.
- Generously spray 12 muffin cups with oil; line each with a wonton wrapper. Fill each with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 tablespoons pasta sauce. Top each with a second wrapper, rotating corners and pressing down centers. Repeat ricotta and sauce layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese blend.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and basil.
Note: If you like more of a Bolognese-style, simply add a little of your favorite cooked ground meat (beef, sausage or turkey) to the sauce.
Celebrate the art of motherhood this Mother’s Day with Eagle! Just click the painting.
Spring time is prime time for pests. If you’re a homeowner, let Eagle teach you what you need to know about wood destroying insects. Click above and get the tips you need to prevent an invasion!
Question: How many people do you know that have lived longer than one century?? Click above and help celebrate this amazing milestone with Mary Ellen’s Dad!!
If you’re a woman looking to get outside your comfort zone, why not take a walk on the wild side? Click above and discover three unconventional sources that have inspired Mary Ellen and will hopefully inspire you!
Get ready to hop to it! Click above for Eagle’s Spring Cleaning checklist and 45 great Easter egg decorating ideas!
Click above and join Mary Ellen in celebrating the Bald Eagle’s special day!!
Want to know how? Click above for this simple tip from Eagle that can boost your income!!